We walked out of our last Quarterly Presentation on January 28th with a very long list of items we loved! In addition to being excited about these new ideas, we also recognized that waiting for Quarterly Presentations had actually become a cog in the machine. Why stockpile great ideas for months, then suddenly scurry to push them all through our survey platform?
So, we fixed it.
The new and improved ASOTV “machine” is constantly running! Seriously.
How? Basically, we now have mini ASOTV presentations every week so the process is more fluid.
There are now 6 phases: Submissions come in and undergo an Initial Evaluation. Select ideas are then presented to our experts and ayes/no Vote determines if it will move on to the next phase or not. This voting now occurs every single week, rather than once per quarter. Those that receive a “yes” vote will be prepped and sent through our proprietary Survey System. Based on the results of each survey, a select few will move on to a round of Web Testing, and based on those results, a select few make it to TV Testing, then the ultimate Launch and retail “roll out”. Learn more details about each of the 6 phases here (link to FAQ’s page that explains all phases).
Don’t worry, we DO still get together together for a Quarterly meeting!
Our next meeting will be June 3rd, where we will recap and review everything from the ASOTV Q1 search and ongoing Q2 search. Since we now vote on ideas every week, this meeting will not be a formal “presentation” as it was in the past. Instead, this meeting will serve as valuable time to recap all results from the past 3 months, discuss product development of those items moving forward, and strategize more ways to keep improving.
How fast does this “machine” work, exactly?
Many of you ask about the timing of our phases, and, truthfully, the answer varies depending on what’s going on in the system. The ASOTV business is all about timing, so, we may have a month when there’s four items that need to be prototyped for web-testing ASAP, or we may have a month where nothing surveys well at all, which means we’ll be catching up on the rest of the list. No matter what, we’ll do our best to keep you posted in this thread.
We have completed 100% of the surveys for all items on the Jan 28th quarterly list (stay tuned for an update on those), and have already begun surveying many submissions we’ve received since then. We’re on track and continue moving along every day.
Timing In GENERAL TERMS:
- The Initial Evaluation can take anywhere between 4 to 8 weeks.
- A select number of ideas are voted upon every single week. The amount of time that your idea is in the “vote” stage depends on how many other ideas are in the queue at the same time.
- Once your idea gets a “yes” vote and reaches the Survey phase, it will be prepped and surveyed within about 4 to 6 weeks and may be re-surveyed based on new information we gather.
- Once your idea reaches the Web Test phase, it will be prepped and deployed within about 3-5 months. This may be shorter or longer depending on how many other items are web testing at the same time, and how much development needs to happen in order to fabricate a working prototype.
- Once your idea reaches the TV Test list, you can expect to see it on TV within about 6-9 months. This time is necessary to fabricate multiple camera-ready samples, gather and edit footage, and secure media spots.
- Launching an item into retail stores has many factors and varies widely depending on the product. We will be in direct contact with you about timeframes at this point.
We hope you’re as excited as we are for these changes to the As Seen on TV Process.
You can expect to see a brand new look and feel for your As Seen on TV Dashboard in the coming months. Until then, check out the information provided on your current dashboard to understand where you are in the ASOTV process.