Welcome to the forums!

Our encouraging community is a dedicated resource for innovators everywhere.

Learn about industry trends, common questions,
and stay informed of the latest happenings at Edison Nation.

ASOTV - 2019 Q4

kabuj's Avataree_badge

I'm in with one idea. Anyone else in on this to start the New Year?

Darlene Batrowny
Elizabeth Crouch
Aimee Carroll
Rodney Goodrich
Derrick James
Nicolas C
posted    Report this topic
syv's Avatargold

happy New Year. Hi, I've had a few ideas this year. Waiting for the conclusion .

Elizabeth Crouch
posted    Report this post
dljinnovations's Avatargold

All the best to you KJ.  Personnally, I tried to come up with something but couldn't.

Elizabeth Crouch
kabuj's Avataree_badge

Thanks Derrick! Shoot for 2020-Q1.

Derrick James
kabuj's Avataree_badge

HNY Yura!. Best of Luck!

Aimee Carroll
mrsantonio's Avatargold

No ASOTV... I've got one 5 months deep in crowdfunding, and 2 in All-category. I don't know that anything in my notebook right now is good for ASOTV, lol.

Curious to hear if anyone else has anything in the crowdfunding search?

As far as I can see, EN has only launched one crowdfunding campaign so far... it looks like a great product, but seems to have been hit with manufacturing delays and backer refunds.

Thanks KJ.  I will indeed be shooting for a 2020-Q1 ASOTV submission.  My normal methods of idea generation (ideation) have been letting me down.  I have been struggling mightily to come up with good ideas.  I need to get back to the basics of creativity.  I need to invent a better way of inventing.  The sponsored searches are a bit easier because there is a target to aim at.  The all-category and the ASOTV searches are more difficult because it is so wide-open.

Elizabeth Crouch
Aimee Carroll
acarroll6's Avataren_staff_badge

Hi all!  We love to hear the support and encouragement within our community :) And yes, Derrick, roadblocks are common. We are working on some things within EN to get 2020 off to great start for our innovators and I believe that everyone will be inspired with the relaunch of Everyday Edisons. It will be a great opportunity to hear from inventors, learn from them and from the mentors and judges, and see what type of products are peeking interest. 

Stay true to your creative you - and remember, as you go through your daily tasks and life think about "Creating the Things You Wish Existed!"

Here's to a great 2020!

Elizabeth Crouch
Rodney Goodrich
Derrick James
fearnot1986's Avatargold

Hello! I had a question I think you all would be able to answer. Can I submit the same idea to the asotv and the general search at the same time? I know that asotv is hard to crack into so I don’t want to waste time if I’m able to submit to both at once. 

Elizabeth Crouch
williamj's Avatargold

@Vanessa Castellano You can have the same idea submitted to two different searches at the same time but you can not submit them simultaneously. You must submit to one search and then submit to the other.

Elizabeth Crouch
Derrick James
fearnot1986's Avatargold

Perfect! Thank you!!

kabuj's Avataree_badge

Hi Vanessa, Also, IF you are an Insider, if you submit an idea to a search (for a discounted rate of only $20), you can submit that same idea to future search(s) for FREE (as long as you are an Insider). Best of Luck!

Steve Redwine
Derrick James
williamj
buffdon's Avatargold

Wow that’s great to know! I’m also in with one idea. Good luck everyone! 

Rodney Goodrich
Derrick James
kabuj's Avataree_badge

Best of luck Darlene. Fingers crossed!

Darlene Batrowny
fearnot1986's Avatargold

Oh wow that’s awesome! Thank you!! Can’t go wrong with saving some money. 

Darlene Batrowny
buffdon's Avatargold

Thanks KJ. Good luck to you too! 

Wishing the best for you Darlene.  I can only imagine what a thrill it would be to see your product offered for sale.  That would be a lot of fun.

Darlene Batrowny
buffdon's Avatargold

Thanks. It sure would Derrick!

kimmyk's Avatargold

Something else to consider if you're looking to add up points: submit first to the search that is the most promising - that's where the points come from.  If you submit to Search A and it's rejected, submitting to Search B won't give you any new points.  They only accumulate in Search A.  Good luck!

Darlene Batrowny
Steve Redwine
williamj
kabuj's Avataree_badge

Any movement on these for anybody? It's been pretty quiet.

Darlene Batrowny
bobf's Avatargold

Hi KJ

My guess is with the merging of several other companies and the relaunch of Everyday Edisons, maybe they had to shift some resources over there? I've talked to several other members concerning the ASOTV search, as it was 2014 that the last successful ASOTV/EN product was launched (Bacon Bowl). Some of those members speculate that perhaps their relationship with Allstar has dwindled for some reason, however, I mentioned that of the eight or so million+ unit sellers from EN, ASOTV was responsible for seven of those, so I didn't think they would allow that relationship to wither. Recently for me, it has taken longer for ASOTV movement and wonder if this stifles submission entries overall, as some other members may be like myself and wait to see what happens to the first submission before submitting the next. We all want to see EN thrive and hope they can regain their phenomenal ASOTV success, as it appears it once kept the boat afloat. 

williamj
Rodney Goodrich
Darlene Batrowny
buffdon's Avatargold

Nothing yet on my side KJ. Yep, I imagine heading into the start of the show is a busy time. 

Wow Bird Brain, your are not far from lapping me in your point total.  You are indeed a prolific inventor!!

Rob F
bobf's Avatargold

Thanks Derrick!

Just pecking around for that big G8 worm!

Derrick James
Darlene Batrowny
buffdon's Avatargold

I’m out. Good luck to everyone who remains!

Rob F
johnnelson's Avatargold

Prototypes are working, then evolving, new prototypes to be made, it is a challenge...

K J, my best guess, as Bird Brain and Darlene stated, I imagine that it's all hands on deck for the Everyday Edisons relaunch on Feb 11, which is just around the corner.  I've never been involved with a major TV production, but obviously once a show date is announced, it absolutely can't slip.  I'm not familiar with the process, but perhaps there is still some final editing going on.

Rob F
kabuj's Avataree_badge

Derrick, Makes Sense. Cant wait to see the episodes.

Derrick James
buffdon's Avatargold

Yes,  I’m looking forward to the show too!

Derrick James